Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today, it almost felt like any other day, since Derek and I celebrated V-day on Saturday. Alex had Joy School today and we made sugar cookies for all of his class mates. He came up to me when I was dropping him off and he asked, " mommy is it valstimes day?" My reply was, "yes, it is valentines day." Later, I called Derek to ask him a question and I heard voices in the back ground, so I asked him where he was.. His reply, "Don't worry about it" once he said that I knew exactly where he was, he was at the store to get me flowers. That sneaky man! He got home with tulips and another interesting looking flower. He said, "you always call me when I am getting you flowers, so I can never surprise you, how do you did that?" Alex then came up to him and said, " I gots a surprise for you... close your eyes". He handed Derek his cars and yelled surprise... "Now you gots me a surprise, Daddy?" Derek had Alex close his eyes, then Alex kept asking, "now, I can open my eyes?" over and over, until Derek said he could and then hand all his cars back. Alex then said, "yay, happy valstimes day!"

1 comment:

Nendy said...

I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day! I fly home tomorrow (Thursday).