Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FHE

Yesterday, We had Family Home Evening. Most of the time it is so hard to get Alex to sit still or listen, but ever since we started Joy School back up, he is more willing the pay attention. The topic yesterday was "Prayer". The reason for this is because the other day Alex really wanted to play soccer more, but it was dinner time, so I told him may be if you pray for it Heavenly Father will let you play more after dinner. So, he prayed and asked, "Let me play more soccer today." unfortunately, we didn't get to play more soccer. So, the purpose of the lesson was to help Alex understand that answers don't always come right away, but they do always come, not always when we want them or how we want them, but they do always come. So, I then reminded Alex that we did get to play soccer the next day. He got really excited about praying after that and wanted to say a prayer right then. So, we let him. After the prayer we then said our testimonies; Alex gets up and says, "I like to bare my testimony, I know the Church is true, I thankful for prayer... amen"

1 comment:

Nendy said...

Sounds like a good FHE.